Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson Wages & Contract
|Arsenal (OH Leuven)
Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson is an Icelandic professional football goalkeeper for the Süper Lig club Alanyaspor, on loan from Arsenal. He also plays for the Icelandic national team.
Life of Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson
Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson was born on February 18, 1995, in Reykjavik, Iceland. He is the son of a former professional footballer, Rúnar Kristinsson, who is the current manager of KR Reykjavik, an Icelandic football club.
Rúnarsson began his career for KR Reykjavik in their 2012 campaign, and in 2015, he signed for Nordsjaelland. These two teams made up the formative years of his young footballing career. He also participated internationally in the Iceland U16, U17, U18, U19, and U21.
Rúnarsson signed for Arsenal in 2020 and has completed various loan spells in Europe to gain experience. In 2021 he played on loan for Belgian football club OH Leuven. In the 2022/2023 season, he was loaned to the Turkish football club, Alanyaspor.
Outside of his successful football career, Rúnarsson is known to his fans as a family man who enjoys spending time with his wife and children. He has a passion for fishing and the outdoors, often going on fishing trips during his free time.
Rúnarsson’s Style of Play
Rúnarsson is recognized for being a quick-thinking, athletic, and agile goalkeeper. He is well-known for his fast and precise ball distribution, which enables his side to launch counterattacks. Rúnarsson is also viewed as a skilled communicator and organizer who can direct his backline with authority.
Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson’s Contract
In 2020, Rúnarsson signed a 4-year £3,120,000 contract with Arsenal that is set to expire in 2024. Rúnarsson has been on loan multiple times over the course of his contract to both Turkish and Belgian clubs.
Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson’s Achievements
Throughout his professional football career, Rúnarsson has made a number of noteworthy contributions to both his club and international teams.
- Icelandic champion with KR Reykjavík in the 2012/2013 season.
- Has been awarded the Icelandic Player of the Year award multiple times.
- At the club level, he won the Danish Cup with Nordsjælland in 2018.
- He also helped Nordsjælland to finish as runners-up in the Superliga in the 2016-2017 season.
- With the Iceland national team, he played in the UEFA Euro 2016, where Iceland reached the quarter-finals for the very first time.
- He also helped Iceland qualify for their first-ever 2018 FIFA World Cup tournament.
- He was named the best goalkeeper by UEFA at the 2018 China Cup.
- He was part of the team that reached the UEFA Nations League Finals in 2019, where they were eliminated in the semi-final stage.
With his impressive track record and undeniable talent, Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson is sure to continue making waves in the world of football for years to come.